Get Your Diploma!
Lansing Public Library, in partnership with your regional library system (RAILS), offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and a career training certificate online.
We are providing a limited number of free scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry, or continue their education.
- Must be a Lansing resident.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must be up to the challenge of obtaining your high school diploma.
How to Apply
If you meet the aforementioned requirements and are interested in the program you can begin by taking the online readiness survey. Applicants need to complete the survey, a prerequisite course, and an in-person interview with the library's enrollment team before a scholarship is awarded. After you have completed the survey please allow up to a week for a Library representative to contact you. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are selected for the program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take classes online.
- Have the flexibility to access classwork 24/7.
- Be supported by certified instructors and an academic coach.
- Earn an accredited high school diploma while preparing for a career in one of 8 high-demand, high-growth fields.
- Graduate with the tools to advance in your profession or take the next step in your education.
How the Program Works
Once enrolled in the program, Career Online High School pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance, and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program, but many complete it sooner, depending on how many previous credits they can have transferred. For more information on the program please visit the Career Online High School website. You can also contact the Library at 708-474-2447; ext. 126 or email email@example.com, and a member of our enrollment team will contact you.
Why is Career Online High School is better than a GED?
- Supportive & Flexible Setting - students have access to courses 24/7. Built-in support from a personal academic coach promotes successful completion.
- High School Credits Transferable - students can graduate in as few as six months by transferring in previously earned high school credits but are given up to 18 months to complete their degree.
- Students Graduate "Ready for Work" - students complete a career portfolio including resumes, cover letters, and other important documents to aid them in career advancement.
- Financial Incentive - according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a high school graduate makes almost $10,000 more per year than a non-graduate.
- Accredited High School Diploma - Career Online High School is accredited by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission, the national commission that confers the SACS CASI, NCA CASI, and NWAC accreditation seals. For more accreditation information please visit COHS' accreditation page.